Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today I bought a digital scale. I thought it would cost more than it did. It was just $30. Since I'm tracking everything I eat I want to also be able to track my weight.

Then something interesting happened. I looked at my old Weight Watchers stuff and found that I had joined on this very date in 2000, ten years ago today. Much to my surprise I have lost 49 lbs. since then.

I've lost 30 since my high last summer, but I was that heavy only a short time. In other words, I gained about 15 lbs. in 2008-09, and finally decided something had to be done about that. So, the first 15 just put me back to "normal." Now I am down 15 more from that. I'm wearing my smallest clothes and can no longer wear my largest.

It is just really hard for me to believe that I used to carry 49 pounds more. Actually, that day ten years ago was not even my high. I never weighed myself at my highest, but I wore two sizes larger than my weight from ten years ago. In other words, I had already lost two sizes when I joined WW. If you figure roughly ten pounds per size I may have lost as much as 70 lb, and I still have about 15 more to go.

It is frightening to think at one time I was perhaps 85 lbs. overweight. It is amazing what can happen to our bodies when we are not paying attention.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Mary, way to go! Keep it up! It is scary, and this reminds me that I should start cutting back on all the sweets I've been eating once Valentine's Day is over!!

Mary said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for reading and commenting. One day at a time.
Mary