Today was financial day. I know that living with stress is a complication to my health goals. I have high blood pressure and way too many chronic problems. Reducing stress is important.
Unfortunately the financial stress hangs around when I procrastinate dealing with it, but dealing with it is also stressful. I'm choosing acute stress over chronic stress. My new motto is Do it Now!
I actually got my taxes filed today. Hooray! I did the FAFSA for both kids today. Hooray! I went through a big pile of paperwork nonsense. Most of it went into the trash, but I also found several scary, stress-building bills. Boo. The good news is the taxes are filed and I'm getting refund soon, so I was able to imagine getting those bills paid and off my desk this month. Hooray.
As much as I would love to spend one day re-ordering my life to be all healthy it just doesn't work that way. I have to get there one baby step at a time, one decision at a time, one day at a time. I made my fiber and water goals today. I de-cluttered a lot of paper. It was a good day even though I feel really sick and stressed.
I also did yoga today. I'm working a comprehensive plan of reducing stress every way I know, supporting my health with food choices, getting enough rest, and getting appropriate exercise. One step at a time I will reach my goals. I think I can. I think I can. I'm a little engine and I can.
New Blog
-
I will be resuming blogging with a new blog, *Pineapple Sage*, over at
Wordpress. I hope you'll follow me there :)
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment