Dear Friends,
I have my answers now. Mike ended it today. It wasn't my imagination that he was pulling away. So we bless each other and move on.
I've never felt comfortable with the practice of never speaking again to anyone, much less someone who has been important in my life. I want to honor the relationship as it was and let it become something else. This time, though, I'm not sure about that. Perhaps this relationship has run the full track of the roller coaster and has come safely into the embark/disembark shelter. It is time to disembark with fond memories of the ride.
Other things will be occupying my mind soon as classes resume this week.
Imagine good things,
Mary
New Blog
-
I will be resuming blogging with a new blog, *Pineapple Sage*, over at
Wordpress. I hope you'll follow me there :)
12 years ago
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear the news :(
I feel the same way - I'm still friends with a lot of the people that I've been with romantically, and in fact my last boyfriend is still one of my best friends. But sometimes I think you have to just let go, because either there's nothing left underneath it all, or because it's just too hard to stay friends and you don't get closure.
Whatever course of action you decide, best of luck, and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm around. :)
Dear Chris,
Thanks for your comments here. I appreciate your responses.
Mary
Post a Comment