Monday, January 19, 2009

Imagination

Dear Friends,
Something amazing has happened. Two of my blog friends have recently "come out" to say that their online personas were total fictions. One created a 78-year-old widower who missed his beloved deeply. Turns out his wife is very much alive. I have no idea how old he is. Guess he is male, though. The other is a married woman who created a fictional married woman who was retirement age and loving life. Both fictional characters were fantastic!

Folks in that particular blogging family are responding with confusion and some (I guess) are angry or feel betrayed or something. I'm not active enough in that blogging world to follow all the threads. Lots of folks are offering support and forgiveness. The whole thing is surreal. I can't imagine why they need support or forgiveness. What they need are book contracts! Both of them are great writers with amazing imaginations!

I am thrilled to know that adults are out there using their imaginations! Good for them! Why is a fiction interpreted as a lie? There is a difference. Anyway, I didn't want to jump into the middle of the fray over there, so I'm writing my thoughts here. How I wish I had such an active imagination. It cracks me up that I am the one with "imagine" in my blog name! Ha! I have so much to learn!
Be happy and imaginative!
Mary

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow, I agree with you -- they do deserve book contracts!!