Dear Friends,
I started this blog because I wanted to challenge myself to imagine good things and not wallow in sadness or negativity. Yet, I was sad and lonely and a little lost. Now I rarely post and seem to have nothing to say. Why? I'm happy. Happiness is boring.
I still want to improve my life. There are so many things about myself, my habits, and my life that I would like to change. Yet, I don't seem to care enough to actually change them. I'm happy.
I have one more week of winter break. School starts January 28 for me. I already have received assignments that are due the first week, so effectively school has started. I'm trying to get myself to read a bit each day so I don't get overwhelmed and don't start the semester already behind. Trying. There is no try. Do or do not. Ha. Mostly I do not read ahead. I did read a few pages yesterday and a few today, but I'll have to step it up.
When I started this blog I had so much to say and was so hungry for new friends. Friendships take time and effort. I've let my new friends down. I haven't kept up my reading and commenting and writing and responding like I thought I would.
Anyway, for what it is worth, I'm glad a few of you read my blog and I do enjoy reading yours. Leave me a link to your blogs if I don't already have it. I want to get to know you. Really, I do.
Happy writing, my friends. Be well.
Mary
New Blog
-
I will be resuming blogging with a new blog, *Pineapple Sage*, over at
Wordpress. I hope you'll follow me there :)
12 years ago
1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean. Christmas break was pretty wonderful for me, and although I still had things to blog about, it took a lot more effort to get around to writing. It was so much easier to just go hang out with friends or see this guy John, who I really like. But, now that school started again today, I'm going to try to blog more faithfully, too! And besides, you can always blog about your happiness, and maybe that'll inspire some happiness in the rest of us! :)
Post a Comment