Thursday, January 22, 2009

Coins

Dear Friends,
I had coins all over my house, in drawers, collecting dust on my dresser and desk, in little baskets, just wherever. Today I collected them all into a large jar. I wonder how much money is in that jar. There are loads of pennies, of course. But there are also nickles, dimes, quarters, and even at least one dollar coin. There are also coins from France, Germany, and Canada. For good measure I added the $2 bill that I got as a time years ago when I was a waitress.

I can remember searching under the floormats of our car back when I was married, looking for the final $2.40 we needed to pay rent. We actually had to ask someone for two dollars and forty cents to pay our rent. That was awful.

I guess this jar is a symbol of getting my financial shit together in the new year. Next I want to organize my books. I could use a symbol of having my school shit together, too. One step at a time. One day at a time. One symbol at a time. One penny at a time.
Imagine wealth in the new year,
Mary

No comments: