Dear Friends,
Today we got a new president. President Obama is really a welcome shock to the system. I am pleased for us all.
Today I also got a new computer. I logged on this morning as usual, but after a couple of hours my screen went black and that was the end of the dear old Think Pad. I knew that day was coming. Today is actually a good day for it because I have a week to break in a new one before school starts.
I got a Toshiba notebook, which is all well and good. I'm sure I'll love it eventually. I really do not enjoy moving into new technology homes ~ cell phones, computers, cars, whatever. My daughter even gave me an MP3 player she won and I gave it away rather than learn how to use it. I know, I know. Now today I got 50 free song downloads with the purchase of my new computer and I don't have an MP3 player. Whatever.
Now I have to purchase Microsoft Word or whatever. Good grief, I really don't know what I'm doing. I once purchased Microsoft Word for Teachers and Students 2003. Now I don't know where I've put it. I suppose I "need" the 2007 version anyway. The guy at the computer store told me my computer was ready to go right out of the box because everything was pre-loaded. Cool. Well, I still have to buy the 2007 Word thingy. It is loaded, but wouldn't I be better off buying it at the store so I have the CD to upload on my son's computer when he gets it? I'm so confused.
For now I'm going to bed. Sleep well President Obama. Sleep well new Toshiba. It has been a full day! :)
Be Happy,
Mary
New Blog
-
I will be resuming blogging with a new blog, *Pineapple Sage*, over at
Wordpress. I hope you'll follow me there :)
12 years ago
4 comments:
I have a Toshiba too! They're pretty awesome.
And also, I think if your son gets a Windows computer, it should also probably come with Microsoft word built in... but I'm not sure about that!!
Chris,
Cool. I hope I will grow to love my Toshiba, too. It came with Microsoft Word, but it asked me for a code when I tried to use it. Apparantly I still have to buy it. I'm thinking if I buy the CD I can use it on more than one computer. I need to ask the guy, though. Do you think I should have a code someplace that I can use to register it?
Mary
Hm, I'm not sure about a code... sorry. But it's weird that they would give you the program and then make you get a code for it. Maybe you can like do a search for the code through google or something? But maybe not, if you have to register it.
Chris,
Thanks for responding. Yeah, I haven't figured it all out yet. No biggie. Probably a simple phone call would solve the problem.
Mary
Post a Comment